ABCDx has established multi-parametric biomarkers panels, which have the potential to:
- transform the monitoring of patients, offering more rapid and specific decision making diagnosis to a much wider range of health care sites, including point-of-care.
- offer the prospect of eliminating time consuming, stressful and expensive diagnostic methods for those who may be safely discharged, or flagging developing dangerous brain damage in those showing few symptoms (e.g. following sport injury).
- open up the possibility of life-saving, time-critical therapies to be indicated for patients in developing health systems or in remote locations where access to sophisticated diagnostic machinery is absent and where treatment options are consequently limited.
- To validate, educate, and encourage the use of biomarkers in the diagnosis of patient supporting definitive decision making by clinicians in the management of brain injury.
- To make a significant contribution to better outcomes for more patients.
- To streamline screening, care & therapy decisions for brain injury and disease patients enabling earlier intervention to those in need.
ABCDx has three areas of focus:
- Detection of mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI)
- Ischaemic/haemorrhagic stroke differentiation at point of care
- Early warning of post-stroke infections and other complications
For each area of focus, ABCDx has secured exclusive commercial rights to patent applications.